VP of Engineering
At Softpay, we are changing the way shops and consumers are making contactless payments, by building a mobile app solution to replace the existing infrastructure and thereby disrupting the payment industry. We are working with the major payments schemes and selected partners to make this a reality.
Softpay is looking for a VP Engineering with experience in managing agile software development teams. Our VP of Engineering will be responsible for delivering high quality product releases within agreed time and budget and stable operations of our services including our cloud hosted infrastructure. You'll be managing our entire team of Software/QA/DevOps engineers and will be collaborating closely with our CPO and CTO on our product roadmap.
You will be working with a product team that consists of +15 app and back-end developers, software architects, DevOps and QA engineers. The team members have a good track record of complex payment projects, and we are looking for a person who can contribute to further development of our team, processes and the product.
Softpay is a spin-off from Unwire Payments & Mobility, who has been in the mobile payment industry for 20 years, starting out with SMS solutions for all the major TV stations and since moving into the banking / Fintech industry. In 2017 the legacy messaging and SMS business was acquired by Sinch, based in Stockholm and Unwire has continued with payment (banking) and mobility solutions (transit).
We can offer you an opportunity to become part of leading edge development team, with a chance to learn and grow with the product. Great working culture with few formal procedures and limits, and a competitive salary with benefits, such as health insurance, daily subsidized lunch and occasional company events.
Softpay share the office with Unwire at Copenhagen OE.
Job overall purpose
- To manage the entire team of Software/QA/DevOps engineers – thus being responsible for delivering high quality product releases within agreed time and budget
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality product releases
- Ensure an efficient agile software development process
- Ensure a highly stable and efficient operations setup
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant security standards
- Build out our Engineering team and high performance culture as we grow
- People management of Engineering team (Software/DevOps/QA engineers)
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Some years of experience as a scrum master
- Practical software developer experience for some years
- Experience with mobile app development projects/products
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Strong people management skills
- You want to contribute to a positive and productive work environment
Contact and location
The interview will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: email@example.com or phone 2999 9040