Senior Software Developer (client side)
Softpay is changing the way shops and consumers are making payments, by building an app that works as a contactless payment terminal on regular phones - thereby disrupting the existing payment terminal industry. Tap-to-phone solutions has just become possible from the most innovative card schemes, and we want to become the best.
We are working with the global payments schemes and regional payment providers, to make our vision a reality, and we have engaged with a number of large merchants and POS vendors, who are ready for our solution when we launch it.
You will become part of a dedicated and experienced team, and play a key role in developing the best-in-industry payment SDK for internal and external developers, in collaboration with the rest of the engineering team.
We can offer you an opportunity to become part of leading edge development, with a chance to learn and grow with the product. Great working culture with few formal procedures and limits, and a competitive salary with benefits, such as health insurance, daily subsidized lunch and company events.
Softpay is a spin-off from Unwire, who has been in the mobile payment industry for many years and who we share the Copenhagen office with.
Job overall purpose
- To develop high quality software, primarily client-side, on a new software product for the European market.
You will be a key player in developing the best payment SDK for internal developers and external partners, that allow us to support a variety of solutions, and make Softpay the preferred tap-to-phone solution in the market.
The team is experienced and consist of product owner, software architects, back-end and client-side developers, QA manager, DevOps and a few more roles – where we use an agile development process.
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- Design and build client-side software in C and Kotlin
- Integrate other vendors components in Softpay i.e. L2 EMV kernels.
- Work with partners and POS vendors, and provide them with a compelling API
- Ensure high degree of security, usability and performance, in a PCI regulated environment
- Improve existing features, performance and stability
- Write tests and automate processes and delivery as much as possible, in respect of requirements and compliance.
- Follow your product and platform to secure knowledge of “what’s going on”
- Substantial developer experience
- Experience with coding in C, Android, Java and Kotlin
- Experience from payment solutions and/or mobile app projects
- Experience with design and implementation of SDK’s
- Strong analytical and architectual design skills
- You are ambitious and strive for quality in everything you do. And you expect the same from your colleagues
- Fluent communicator in English both written and orally
- Master of Science in Software Engineering or similar
Contact and Location
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: email@example.com or phone 2999 9040
- Region Hovedstaden
- IT / Teknologi