Senior Regional Financial Controller
Scan Group is working in the transportation supply chain. Here, the Europe Finance Region operates across 3 brands of Scan Group, in 18 countries with +50 legal entities.
This is a new role and you will report to the Regional Finance Director.
Job overall purpose
- The primary function of the role is to support the Regional Finance Director with all financial related tasks in the various entities including lifting finance through process improvements and standardization
Key areas of responsibility
- Secure the validation and quality of all financial outcome of the Regional Finance function
- Drive implementation of ERP in selected entities
- Participate in the annual budget process
- Drive the external audit process for the Region in coordination with Group Finance
- Key role in improvements, standardizartion processes and implementation of new IT tools
- Review and validation of monthly reports for 30+ entities across Europe
- Monthly/quarterly review of balance sheet reconciliation with the respective accounting supervisor to drive accuracy
- Be part of creating standard reporting (GAAP) as well as procedures to build uniform accounting and reporting (Accounting to Reporting)
- Create and execute on roadmaps for implementation of ERP in selected entities
- Prepare or support the annual budget process
- Drive an efficient external audit process in co-ordination with Group Finance and external auditors
- Ad hoc analysis on regional level
- Assist on various system implementation e.g. consolidation, BI, travel app etc.
- Support on various regional projects
- Spearhead engagement between Finance and operation to lift financial performance
The role is a combination of driving processes through others/colleagues and hands-on activities. You will be working closely together with and create results through Scan Groups operational center In Poland.
You may expect around 20 days of travel activity
You will be placed at the Scan Group office in Copenhagen.
Criteria of Success
- Accurate and timely reporting – both monthly and budget
- Efficient external audit execution without surprises
- Improvement of the processes in the European Regional Finance function
- Good relations with stakeholders – both in the business lines and in the Finance function
- You have some years of experience as an Auditor, Head of Accounting and/or from a similar senior financial controller role
- You have a strong finance insight
- You have been working with financial processes and IT systems supporting financial processes
- You have relevant experience from an international organisation
- Ambitious with high drive
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Thrilled for processes, data and technology’
- Strong IT skills
- You are able to handle and prioritise many tasks at the same time
- Structured and able to coordinate the execution of assignments
- Open, friendly and ability to communicate finance to non-finance colleagues
- Teamplayer with the ability to influence others
- Well averse in MS-office products and preferably knowledgeable in power-BI.
- High working standards
- Hands on approach
- Deliver quality
- Fluent in English
- Relevant Master Degree
- To be negotiated
SCAN GROUP A/S (The Group)
Scan Group A/S is the parent company of the family owned global transport and logistic company headquartered out of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Scan-Shipping (later Scan Group), was founded April 1st 1969 by Arne Simonsen at the age of 24. The day to day management of the Group is handled by the second generation of the family; Sune Simonsen, Group CEO.
Today Scan Group is present in more than 40 countries worldwide and employs more than 3,000 staff in 150 offices. Further to the transport and logistic services Scan-Group has activities within properties, golf and hotelservices.
The transportation and logistic services of the group is conducted through the subgroups, Shipco Transport, Scan-Shipping and Strait Air Transport.
Operating profit (DKKm)
Shipco Transport was founded in 1988 and has organically grown into one of the world's leading neutral NVOCCs. Headquartered in Chatham, New Jersey, Shipco Transport operates more than 75 offices in over 30 countries across 5 continents and employs more that 2,500 people.
Scan-Shipping offers a complete portfolio of global shipping and logistics services, including door to door freight forwarding and project management. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark Scan-Shipping operate around 30 offices in 15 countries and employ around 250 people
Strait Air Transport Group:
Airfreight in Denmark was added to the activities in 1979 with an official IATA approval and is now also active in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Estonia.
Interviews will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region Hovedstaden
- Administration / Back office
- Transport / Logistik