Sales/Account Manager (Denmark)
Job overall purpose
- To contribute to the introduction of new products to the market in the Nordic - including expansion of the channel network as well as driving direct sales
You will refer to the EMEA Head of Sales with a dotted line to the Product Sales Manager for EMEA. Your market focus will be Denmark & Norway.
Key areas of responsibility & tasks
- Represent Softbank Robotics (SBR), with a comprehensive understanding of the offerings within the delivery service robotics
- Focus on the Cleaning & Hospitality industry
- Lead demand-generating marketing activities in the assigned market for the assigned product specialty in partnership with marketing
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Coordinate the customer involvement of other company personnel when needed, including support resources, team members, and management
- Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective channel partners
This is a role that will require you to be in the field visiting leads, client, partners and potential partners when needed. Thus you must expect travel in especially Denmark and Norway but also the other Noridc Countries as well as occasional travel to the EMEA HQ in the UK. Your daily base is your home office.
Criteria of Success
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines.
- You understand – or has the ability to get to understand - automation is a technological shift
- You understand – or has the ability to get to understand - automation's current and future commercial value in the market
- You have the ability to simplify complex deals
- Some years of sales experience with a technical aspect
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to learn about – or improve you knowledge of - Robotics, AI, industry verticals, new business models
- BPlenty of initiative, a self-starter with a go-getter mentality
- Problem solver and “outside-the-box” thinker
- Hands-on approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, technology-focused industry
- An understanding of marketing principles
- Excellent teamwork skills with a collaborative, empathetic and optimistic personality
- Technical flair
- You have excellent English language skills both orally and in writing
- Native Danish language
- Relevant education on minimum Bachelor level
What Softbank Robotic offers
- Contribute and grow professionally with an exciting start-up/scale-up company.
- An attractive compensation package – base salary, commission, car allowance, benefits such as pension scheme.
- An attractive long-term incentive package with shares in a pre-IPO company
- Work in a rewarding international culture with peers on top of their profession, in an organization that breeds technology innovation and disruptive businesses
- Be part of an expanding group with numerous future career development prospects
Interviews will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SoftBank Robotics has embraced the ambitious goal of developing robots for everyone and is poised to disrupt the robotics industry. We believe that in the coming years' robots will positively impact our lives to the same extent as PCs and mobile devices did during the past 3 decades. Robots will change the way we learn, work and communicate.
SoftBank Robotics autonomous robots are powered by artificial intelligence and designed to solve labour issues in various industries, providing business owners with a compelling proposition.
Presence within the facility management, hotels, real estate and food industries is a strong element in our strategy to accelerate the deployment of robots in the work environment. It is expected that service robots will shape the majority of robotics in the coming years. We are at the forefront of shaping the robotics market, providing unique opportunities to form the future for all its employees.
The Sales/Account Manager will join a team focused on shaping the future of the robotics industry by introducing cobotic technology via Softbank Robotics direct and indirect channels in EMEA.
The SoftBank Group and SoftBank Robotics
The SoftBank Group was founded in 1981 by Masayoshi Son and is guided by its corporate philosophy of “Information Revolution—Happiness for everyone.” The business aims to be a corporate group that maximizes enterprise value while providing essential technologies and services to people around the world. At present, the incorporation of artificial intelligence (AI) into a variety of business models is starting to change value creation and will fundamentally redefine most of the industries.
To ensure that the SoftBank Group captures the huge opportunities arising from the market expansion and the creation of new industries driven by AI utilization, the group is implementing the Cluster of No.1 Strategy, a unique strategy for orchestrating the organization, and is stepping up its investment activities, mainly through SoftBank Vision Fund, established in 2017, to build a group of companies engaged in diverse businesses in the information and technology field.
SoftBank Robotics is a holding company that oversees the robotics business in the SoftBank Group. SoftBank Robotics is driving technology forward by becoming a worldwide leader in robotics solutions. With more than 500 employees working in Paris, Tokyo, San Francisco, Boston and Shanghai, SoftBank Robotics is constantly exploring and commercializing all robotics solutions that help make people's lives easier, safer, more connected, and more extraordinary.
SoftBank Robotic’s solutions is structured around three main pillars: security & heavy lifting, communications and cleaning. In security & heavy lifting, robots are being developed and research by the subsidiary Boston Dynamics. In communications, SoftBank Robotics applies its expertise with humanoid robots such as Pepper and NAO, whereas in cleaning wholly new area of cobotics has been created through the vacuum sweeper Whiz.
The Robotics Industry & Market
Robotics technology has the potential to positively transform lives and work practices, raise efficiency and safety levels and provide enhanced levels of service. Robotics is set to become the driving technology underpinning a whole new generation of autonomous devices that, through their learning capabilities, interact seamlessly with the world around them, and provide the missing link between the digital and physical world.
Robotics is already the key driver of competitiveness and flexibility in large scale manufacturing industries. Without robotics many of Europe’s successful manufacturing industries would not be able to compete from their current European bases of operation.
By the same token, service robotics will show far more disruptive effects on the competitiveness of non-manufacturing industries such as hospitality, food, agriculture, transport, healthcare, security and utilities. The growth in these areas over the coming decade will be much more dramatic. From what is currently a relatively low base, service robots used in non-manufacturing areas are expected to become the largest area of global robot sales.