Head of Engineering
Job overall purpose
- Based on the ability to create technical respect at the team to manage the entire team of Software/QA/DevOps engineers – thus being responsible for delivering high quality product releases within agreed time and budget
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality product releases
- Lead the engineering team and ensure an efficient agile software development process that is refined over time
- Foster a culture of collaboration between sub-development teams, that delivers a great product
- Ensure a highly stable and efficient operations setup
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant security standards
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop teams of world-class engineers
- People management of Engineering team and team leads (Software/DevOps/QA engineers)
Criteria of Success
- Build and extend the team and the product
- You are recognized as a Head of Engineering who is a key contributor when setting the development direction in Softpay
- A track record of running effective teams in startups or scale-ups and the ability to lead engineers.
- Previous experience as a hands-on software engineer and strength in computer science fundamentals to understand the engineering work that is going on in your teamsExperience with mobile app development projects and leading engineering initiatives that cross multiple teams.
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Ability to drive, lead and succeed through others
- Strong people management skills
- You want to contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- BSc/ MSc in Software Engineering or similar
Interviews will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Softpay, we are changing the way shops and consumers are making contactless payments, by building a mobile app solution to replace the existing infrastructure and thereby disrupting the payment industry. We are working with the major payments schemes and selected partners to make this a reality.
Softpay is looking for a Head of Engineering with experience in managing agile software development teams. Our Head of Engineering will be responsible for delivering high quality product releases within agreed time and budget and stable operations of our services including our cloud hosted infrastructure. You'll be managing our entire team of Software/QA/DevOps engineers and will be collaborating closely with our CPO and CTO on our product roadmap.
You will be working with a product team that consists of +15 app and back-end developers, software architects, DevOps, and QA engineers. The team members have a good track record of delivering complex payment projects, and we are looking for a person who can contribute to further develop our team, processes and the product.
We can offer you an opportunity to become part of leading edge development team, with a chance to learn and grow with the product. Great working culture with few formal procedures and limits, and a competitive salary with benefits, such as health insurance, daily subsidized lunch and occasional company events.
- Region Hovedstaden
- IT / Teknologi