DevOps Lead Engineer
At Softpay, we are changing the way shops and consumers are making contactless payments, by building a mobile app solution to replace the existing infrastructure and thereby disrupting the payment industry. We are working with the major payments schemes and selected partners to make this a reality.
Softpay is looking for an experienced DevOps Lead Engineer to strengthen our DevOps team. You will participate in building, operating and optimizing our AWS hosted infrastructure and our Softpay services running on this infrastructure as well as building and supporting the tools needed for our development teams to continuously and efficiently deliver improvements to our services.
You will be working with a product team that consists of +15 app and back-end developers, software architects, DevOps, QA - and who are managed by the Chief Product Officer and Chief Technology Officer. The team members have a good track record of complex payment projects.
Our services are primarily developed using the following technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Android, Kotlin, C, Node.js, Maven, Gradle.
Back end microservices are primarily run and operated using the following infrastructure and middleware technologies: AWS, Linux, Python, EC2, Docker, Aurora (MySQL), ElastiCache (Redis), SQS, Elasticsearch, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform and CloudFormation and various security tools and services.
Softpay is a spin-off from Unwire Payments & Mobility, who has been in the mobile payment industry for 20 years, starting out with SMS solutions for all the major TV stations and since moving into the banking / Fintech industry. In 2017 the legacy messaging and SMS business was acquired by Sinch, based in Stockholm and Unwire has continued with payment (banking) and mobility solutions (transit).
We can offer you an opportunity to become part of leading edge development team, with a chance to learn and grow with the product. Great working culture with few formal procedures and limits, and a competitive salary with benefits, such as health insurance, daily subsidized lunch and occasional company events.
Softpay share the office with Unwire at Copenhagen OE.
Job overall purpose
- To strengthen Softpay DevOps Team
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- Design infrastructure and solutions
- Automate everything from build to operation of our services
- Drive the DevOps mindset of the team and organisation
- Operate and continuously optimize our infrastructure (PCI and Non-PCI)
- Ensure a secure and compliant PCI infrastructure
- Develop our stack and tooling
- Some years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- Some years of experience managing and operating infrastructure as code in AWS
- Experience managing and operating relational databases
- Hands on experience with most of the infrastructure technologies we are working with
- Superior communication skills, and fluent in english
- You are ambitious and strive for quality in everything you do
- You want to contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or similar
Contact and location
The interview will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: email@example.com or phone 2999 9040