SCAN GROUP A/S (The Group)
Scan Group A/S is the parent company of the family owned global transport and logistic company headquartered out of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Scan-Shipping (later Scan Group), was founded April 1st 1969 by Arne Simonsen at the age of 24. The day to day management of the Group is handled by the second generation of the family; Sune Simonsen, Group CEO.
Today Scan Group is present in more than 40 countries worldwide and employs more than 3,000 staff in 150 offices. Further to the transport and logistic services Scan-Group has activities within properties, golf and hotelservices.
The transportation and logistic services of the group is conducted through the subgroups, Shipco Transport, Scan-Shipping and Strait Air Transport.
As a subsidiary of Denmark based Scan-Group, our history in shipping and logistics dates back to 1969. From Scan-Group, Shipco Transport was founded in 1988 and has organically grown into one of the world's leading neutral NVOCCs.
Headquartered in Chatham, New Jersey, Shipco Transport operates more than 75 offices in over 30 countries across 5 continents and employs over 2,200 people. Our company's truly intermodal character offering Air Freight, LCL and FCL Ocean Freight services, uniquely positions Shipco as a 'one stop' provider of worldwide transportation solutions.
Scan-Shipping offers a complete portfolio of global shipping and logistics services, including door to door freight forwarding and project management. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark Scan-Shipping operate around 30 offices in 15 countries and employ around 250 people.
Strait Air Transport Group:
Airfreight in Denmark was added to the activities in 1979 with an official IATA approval and is now also active in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Estonia.
The role reports to the Claims Manager.
You will be part of the global shipping claims central office. The office deals with claims for the Shipco, Scan-Shipping, SSC, ICT and Strait Air companies. This position is located in Copenhagen at the Scan-Group HQ office.
Job overall purpose
- Day-to-day investigation and handling of cargo /freight liability claims
Key areas of responsibility and key tasks
- Corresponding with Group offices, our insurers, clients, and third-party claimant's (e.g. subrogated insurers, surveyors, lawyers etc)
- Collating file documents
- Internal group discovery & research
- Instructing cargo surveyor or lawyers as required
- Negotiating/adjusting claims in accordance with contract terms, from first notification to final settlement
- Processing payment of claims
- Pursuing recovery of claims paid
- General administration
And when required:
- Assistance with Group insurance policy renewal
- Claim stats reporting
- Department projects
- Data entry on claims system
- Issuing intent to claim & claim acknowledgement letters
- Invoicing (processing claims payments and inter-company invoices);
- Closure and archiving of files
Criteria of Success
- Succesfully secure the day-to-day investigation and handling of cargo /freight liability claims in the optimal way for the Scan-Group companies and interests
- A good working knowledge on marine cargo liability, international transport and logistic claims
- Able to work under pressure, under your own initiative
- You have an inquiring mind and give keen attention to detail
- Chartered Insurance / Legal qualification an advantage
- Good working knowledge of the transport claims processes
- Good general knowledge of the shipping & transport cargo industry, supply chain process and international and domestic transport terms and conditions
- It is highly desirable that the holder of the position has good working knowledge of international transport conventions, transport trading conditions and Bills of Lading either with a transport/logistics company or with an insurer or insurance broker
- Fluent in English
- Relevant education
- To be negotiated
Interviews will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region Hovedstaden
- Transport / Logistik