SCAN-GROUP A/S (The Group)
Scan Group A/S is the parent company of the family owned global transport and logistic company headquartered out of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Scan-Shipping (later Scan Group), was founded April 1st 1969 by Arne Simonsen at the age of 24. The day to day management of the Group is handled by the second generation of the family; Sune Simonsen, Group CEO.
Today Scan Group is present in more than 40 countries worldwide and employs more than 3,000 staff in 150 offices. Further to the transport and logistic services Scan-Group has activities within properties, golf and hotelservices.
The transportation and logistic services of the group is conducted through the subgroups, Shipco Transport, Scan-Shipping and Strait Air Transport.
Operating profit (DKKm)
Shipco Transport was founded in 1988 and has organically grown into one of the world's leading neutral NVOCCs. Headquartered in Chatham, New Jersey, Shipco Transport operates more than 75 offices in over 30 countries across 5 continents and employs more that 2,500 people.
Scan-Shipping offers a complete portfolio of global shipping and logistics services, including door to door freight forwarding and project management. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark Scan-Shipping operate around 30 offices in 15 countries and employ around 250 people
Strait Air Transport Group:
Airfreight in Denmark was added to the activities in 1979 with an official IATA approval and is now also active in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Estonia.
You will be working closely together with the CEO of the Scan-Shipping and Strait Air Transport part of Scan-Group to support him in optimizing the business.
You will report to the Group CFO with a dotted line to the CEO of Scan-Shipping/Strait Air Transport.
Job overall purpose
- To actively support the CEO of Scan-Shipping and Strait Air Transport in optimizing the business
Key areas of responsibility
- Performance Management
- Business controlling
- Follow up on strategic initiatives
- Presentaitons for Management and Board of Directors
- Contribute to Business Development
- Performance Management (via budgets, forecasts and analysis)
- Follow up on operational and financial performance
- Drive improvements and transparency based on data
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with business
- Support CEO in follow up on project within finance, law and people
- Measuring and follow up on strategy
- Prepare presentations for Global Business Updates and Board of Directors meetings
- Participate in business development
- Bridge and coordinate between HQ and regional directors/regional finance managers
You will be placed at the Scan-Group office in Copenhagen.
You may expect some days of travel activity.
Criteria of Success
- Secure the strategic initiatives are executed
- Secure that optimizing projects are executed
- High quality in work (analysis, presentations,..)
- Strong stakeholder relations
- You have relevant experience from Busines Controlling (with emphasis on Business) and Business Analysis
- You have experience from international transport and logistics or (business wise) similar international business
- You have experience from working with a network of offices
- Ambitious with high drive
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Thrilled for processes, data and technology’
- You are able to handle and prioritise many tasks at the same time
- Structured and able to coordinate the execution of assignments
- Hands on approach
- Hard worker and self driving
- Deliver quality
- Fluent in English
- Strong IT skills
Relevant Master Degree
CONTACT AND LOCATION
The interview will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: email@example.com or phone 2999 9040
- Region Hovedstaden
- Transport / Logistik