Cardlay is a B2B Danish Fintech partner of commercial payment services and infrastructure enabling Banking-as-a-Service.
Cardlay is a strategic partner to banks, card issuers, processors and other financial institutions in the digital transformation process. Cardlay’s software is aimed at helping companies automate business processes.
Cardlay is currently working on developing a fast-scalable and generic white label front-end solution to banks and card issuers. The purpose is to provide a coherent digital user experience for commercial banks and issuers with real-time data, including expense management, corporate client app, virtual card management and automated EU VAT reclaim. The ambition is to manage 2.500.000 virtual cards within 5 years with 10 different banks.
Cardlay has already established partnerships with global reach with some of the world's largest banking processors and payment infrastructure providers, and is now looking for more talent to help build this new platform.
We have offices in Tech Town in Odense and in Central Copenhagen at the beautiful Christianshavn. We are 40 passionate and skilled people who strive to do our best to serve our customers every day. As we are scaling up, we are currently looking for a candidate with strong skills from a leading backend role - for either the Odense office or the Copenhagen office.
Right now Cardlay has 4 Full-stack teams and 1 DevOps team. We are a flat organization that believes in Lean, Agile, DevOps, Cloud, Continuous Deployment as well as trust, freedom and responsibility for the team and the individual employee.
You will be reporting to the Head of Application engineering.
Job overall purpose
- To participate in Cardlay’s competent team of backend and fullstack developers
Key areas of responsibility
- Be daily part of one of the 4 full-stack teams building up code
- Interacting with PO’s on a daily basis
- Develop features in one or more layers of the stack
- Communicate the code
- Evaluating road-map options
- Interact with other colleagues and functions in Cardlay: product management, UX, UI, DevOps, test automation
- Participate in the entire product life cycle
- Help product owner shape epics and stories
- Enable that we can deploy new features into production continuously
- Make sure your code is maintainable, testable and secure
Criteria of Success
- Ensure quality, efficiency and scalability of the software
- Good relations with stakeholders – including flexible cooperation with Cardlays product owners to secure smooth development of the desired solutions
- Strong experience with java based service oriented applications
- Knowledge of the requirements to the APIs that come from mobile apps
- Experience with Spring Boot, SQL, Hibernate
- Software architecture
- Believe in writing automated tests
- Designing and reviewing code (Java)
- Fluent communicator in English
Some of the toolboxes you’ll probably see are
- Git, Maven, Gradle, yarn, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Vue.js, React, Cypress, Appium, JUnit and Spock
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Jenkins, Terraform
- Skilled, Cardlay has both web applications and mobile apps in production so it would be great if you have experience in building backends for them but also willing and able to help in other areas every now and then
- Happy to collaborate, it’s important to share knowledge, you should be comfortable coding with others and work cross-team with product managers, designers & stakeholders
- Relevant IT education
WE OFFER YOU
- Remote friendly, need to work from home for the day? All good!
- International, friendly English is the corporate jargon!
- Growing, there are a lot of big projects kicking off, it’s an exciting time to join and leave your mark!
- Flexible, we constantly challenge what works best for our teams? It’s on-going and can always be improved, got any ideas?
- Informal yet ambitious we believe in doing things the right way
- Agile, and we also believe in Kanban/Lean approach to software development
- Customer focused: We have respect for the final user and strive to improve their day
We offer you
- We offer you a challenging and developing position in a unique FinTech scale-up with extraordinary good personal development opportunities. You will work in a true international context.
CONTACT AND LOCATION
The interview will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 2999 9040
- Region Hovedstaden
- IT / Teknologi
- Ingen uddannelsesmæssige krav